Maybe you have surfed a few times on your own or taken a lesson or two. You feel pretty confident out in the line-up, but want to learn more to take your surfing to the next level. If this sounds like you, it’s easy to say you are ready for Santa Teresa Surf Coaching. Here at Blue Surf Sanctuary, our definition of Surf Coaching is defined as hiring a local, knowledgeable surf coach to patiently help you learn all the skills you need to be more effective and better enjoy your time in the water.
Benefits of Santa Teresa Surf Coaching:
- We will teach you how to select the right conditions for your skill level, by reading the swell charts, surf guides and observing the ocean.
- Santa Teresa Surf Coaching will help you understand the importance of the equipment you are riding and what is suitable for your abilities.
- Guide you as you progress to different surfboards and when you should start putting into action based on your ability.
- You will learn how to read the surf conditions and understand how to surf with less effort, therefore using less energy. Allowing you to enjoy a longer surf session.
- Increase your chances of getting good waves before you paddle out.
- Help with reading the waves . We teach which ones will turn into a good wave to ride and which will end on a waste of energy and time. Once you are in position to take the wave you can benefit from advice to be more efficient and start the wave with balance and strength
- There are also waves that can be good for you, but are already taken by other surfers, so you will need to learn a safe way to take turns–knowing when you take the wave or when someone else has claimed it.
- Your coach will teach you how to have friendly interactions with other surfers in the line up. Share a fun time with other surfers that with the right approach are potential friends and surf buddies.
- Careful analysis of your positioning and stance while riding a wave will give the Surf Coach good understanding of what techniques you should improve to get better results and what is stopping you from reaching your goals.
Santa Teresa Surf Coaching is beneficial for a beginner or intermediate surfer who needs the advice from an experienced surfer. Or an advanced or professional surfer who sometimes surfs better than their coach but is unable to see what is getting in his way to perform as he/she wishes. An objective perspective can be beneficial to anyone wishing to improve their surfing ability.
It’s all about FUN!
FUN is the key word for Santa Teresa Surf Coaching. With over 10 years of surf coaching experience, we have learned that there are many ways to teach the same thing, yet having fun is the easiest and fastest one. We sincerely want you to experience that beautiful feeling when you are learning something new and are having fun. The feeling of accomplishment, discovery, and excitement is the greatest reward. Seeing that unfold during the process is a wonderful feeling — this is exactly the way we want our students to learn.
Surfing is a sport that is very easy to learn. Practice is fundamental in the learning process and if you are lucky enough to have access to the beach and a great surf coach, why not be willing to try it. The fundamentals are simple and very logical. Learning to surf is like learning any other sport–you start with the basics and build from there. It is as basic as learning how to hold a golf club, how to swing a baseball bat or throw a football, everything can be broken down into simple and easy to follow instructions. Which we teach basic fundamentals; one-by-one building your skill set. As simply as where to place your feet, the position of your hips, your arms, your head, and where to look while riding a wave. These are a few of the first things you will be taught, along with additional knowledge about the ocean and you will receive constant encouragement to keep learning for a lifetime of fun on the water.
Here at Blue Surf Sanctuary we provide each student a very safe and fun experience. All the while hoping some of them will be transformed by surfing forever as it once happened to us. With the proper equipment and conditions, surfing can be practiced at almost any age and with almost any physical condition. It can easily become a lifetime hobby and for those who are close to the ocean. With luck (and a little internal drive), surfing will turn into a regular practice that will keep them fit and healthy physically, mentally and emotionally.
Surf coaching is our passion
At the point when you develop a passion for the sport and become increasingly serious about learning something new the easiest and fastest way is to get help from a well-ridden surfer with years of experience. Someone who is not only good at what you want to learn, but more importantly a master waterman who has studied and dedicated a big part of their life towards surfing. They exude a positive energy to help you gain the same knowledge. With this, they can teach you how to identify your needs during your time spent on the water and how to clearly communicate with you, making the learning process easy and fun.
Last, but no less important, hiring a surf coach is a great way to share quality time with a local surfer who will not only help you improve your skills, but will also share local knowledge. It may be about local surf spots as much as the area in general. Where and when to surf, what else to do, where to eat, it is a great way to capitalize your time on a surf destination, get to know people and make new friends!
Come surf with us, we know you want to!
give us a call US: 1-855-2SURFCR CR: 506-2640-1001